Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Little Hymn Singers

Jay and I decided several months ago that we were going to teach our children some of the old church hymns. It occurred to us that (sadly) today many churches are getting away from these beautiful songs, which are so rich in theology. So, during our Family Bible Times each night, Jay reads from the Scriptures, we say prayers, and then we sing a hymn.

We choose one hymn per month, and sing it every night. So far, the children have done really well with it! They are very fast learners, and have already mastered about 9 of the old hymns! I am just kicking myself that I only just now thought to record them singing all of these beautiful songs! :o)

Last month, we learned "A Mighty Fortress is Our God". This was a particularly difficult hymn to learn (even for us adults!!!). But, by the end of the month, all of us had learned it... including little H. :o)




This month, we chose a slightly easier hymn, "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus". It is only mid-way through the month, but all of the kids (yep, even little H), have it mastered already.




I am so proud of my Little Hymn Singers! :o)

No comments: