Monday, December 28, 2009

Birthday Cake!

It's hard to believe that I have a 9 year old! And yet, on a daily basis I am reminded that my beautiful daughter is, in fact, getting older and more responsible... and also opinionated. :o)

She requested that I make her a special birthday cake this year. Now, I do not in ANY way pretend to be a cake decorator. BUT, I make an effort to get my kids the cake they want for their birthday, but also one that won't break the bank. The only way to accomplish this is to make it myself (store-bought cakes are soooo expensive!).

R told me that she wanted a 3 dimensional Barbie Doll cake this year. Since I had never made one before, I researched online and got some ideas. Then, R and I got together and drew out a design on paper. And finally, I frosted and decorated those ideas onto the cake.

This is what we came up with (and remember, I am NOT a professional)...


It isn't the greatest job in the world, but it sure made a very happy 9 year old! :o)
And the others really enjoyed eating my creation. :o)


They did get a little sadistic about it, though. I think Jay and B enjoyed cutting it up a little too much. Ha ha. :o)



Poor, legless Barbie. :o)



R told us it was the best birthday EVER! Why? Well, not only did she get to keep the Barbie Doll that had been her cake...


She also got an ipod!!! She was so thrilled! What a fun birthday! :o)

No comments: