Thursday, December 3, 2009

She's Finally Here!!!

After months of seemingly endless waiting, we welcomed our newest daughter into the world. She was born on Friday, November 27th, 2009 at 6:12PM. She weighed 7 lbs, 11 oz and was 20 inches long.

I was scheduled to have an induction on Nov 30th, but shortly after dinner on Thanksgiving Day, I began experiencing contractions. They lasted all night long and didn't go away, so I started timing them. By 10:00 on Friday morning, they were 5 minutes apart, so we made the decision to go into the hospital.

I was checked and told that I was 3 1/2 cm dilated. Then, I was told to walk around for 2 hours to see if I was progressing. Afterwards, I was 4 1/2 cm dilated, so they decided to let me stay. YAY! :o)

(Here is R, crossing her fingers, hoping this is it!) :o)

I got settled into a room and immediately asked for an epidural (after the traumatic birth I had with H, I was not about to give birth again without one)! I got the most amazing anesthesiologist, who gave me the best epidural I've ever had. I went through the entire rest of my labor without any pain at all.

(Here's the proof... I am right in the middle of a contraction... happy as can be).
Jay and I even went on Facebook and gave updates during the labor process. And, we got to watch the Auburn/Alabama game, too! All without a single bit of pain! Woo Hoo! :o)

As soon as the football game ended, my midwife told me I was ready to start pushing. I pushed one time, and out came our daughter! It was the best, easiest birth EVER!!!

(Here I am, right after the delivery... still feeling really good!) :o)

Welcome to the world, Little One. :o)

3 comments:

Andy Manning said...

Love it! Love her! Love you! I'm so happy (and a little jealous) of your fabulous, dream-like l/d. Way to go Momma! You look wonderful! What joy. Wow.

Jessica said...

I haven't stopped by in awhile...

Congratulations on the birth of your precious daughter!

I hope everything is going well.

God bless.

Misty Burns said...

what awesome pics. i had the best epidural too with isabella too. i was laughing while i was pushing her out!!! it was crazy. congrats to everyone!! beautiful baby