Sunday, October 5, 2008

My First "Meme"

My friend Bronie over at Team Victory was tagged for a "meme", and offered it to anyone else who would like to give it a try. Now I must admit, I had never heard of a "meme" before, but I think I am going to try to tackle this mystery. (Mostly because I have been so busy lately that I don't have anything else to use for a blog post right now) :o)

So here goes...
***************
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

Jay and I had just entered our 2nd wonderful year of marriage. We were living in Married Housing at APSU in Clarksville, and had just returned from a college trip to England and Scotland. I was trying to recuperate after a nasty and unfortunate tumble down the side of a mountain in Edinburgh, Scotland. While there, I got the interesting experience of riding in a Scottish ambulance, and participating in the socialized medicine they have there. The hospital was as crazy as they come! I messed up the ligaments in my right knee... and it has never been the same.

Jay and I were also members of our wonderful church at the time - Riverside Baptist Church in Nashville. We had some of our best experiences there - more than we've ever had in any other church - before or since.


2. Things on my "To Do" list for today (I will say this week, and I may or may not get to them all):

* Laundry, laundry and MORE laundry. Ugh. (I may try not to get to this one. ha ha)
* Homeschool Field Trip to the Nature Center for the Reptile and Amphibian Festival.
* Homeschool Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch. (there will be actual classes all about pumpkins and what it takes to keep a pumpkin farm running properly).
* Homeschool Physical Fitness Fun Day (a bunch of homeschoolers get together and have a structured P.E. class for the kids at a community park, then stay for a picnic lunch.) Lots of fun!
* Classes with the Homeschool Co-op we are involved in this year. (R takes Spanish, Music and Sign Language. B takes Music, Reading and Creation). We love it!
* SLEEP! (unfortunately, I may not get to this one, either) Sigh


3. What is your favorite snack?

Oh, what's not to love? Really, my favorite snack varies by whatever mood I am in. Sometimes, it is Ritz crackers with peanut butter. Sometimes it is carrot sticks with ranch dressing. Sometimes it is a delicious slice of New York style cheesecake. And sometimes it is a good ol' fashioned Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. (the last two are my thankfully rare guilty pleasures.)


4. If you were a millionaire, you would...

Tithe BIG.
Pay of all debt.
Pay cash for a house.... somewhere.
Travel the world with my husband and kids.
Fund our own missionary journey through the world.


5. List 5 places you have lived.

* Spring Hill, Florida
* Easton, Maryland
* Fort Worth, Texas
* Nashville, Tennessee
* Aurora, Colorado
(and Jay is from San Diego, CA, so all we have to do now is live in the Northwest and we will have all of our bases covered! Hmmmm...)

6. List 5 people you are tagging for this Meme.

* My bloggy friend, Jessica, from Our Family Highlights - because with uprooting her family and moving twice in two months, I figured she just didn't have enough to do right now!
* My seminary friend, Lydia, from Pastor's Wife - because she called me Super Mom (when she knows full well it is really the other way around).
* My church friend, Susan, from Run, Susan, Run! - because I think she could use some new inspiration to write about in her blog, and I miss reading her wonderful posts.
* My sister-in-law, Deanna, from The Adventures of BranDanna - because 9 months with no new blog post?! Come on already!!!
* My cousin, Juliette, from Juliette's Blog - because she is so adventurous and fun, and I look forward to the interesting things she will come up with in her Meme.
* I will leave another opening blank for anyone else who wants to tackle the mystery that is a "Meme". Just let me know when you join in!

Have fun! :o)

3 comments:

Juliette said...

Thanks for the tag. I completed my meme if you are interested.
Take care!

Misty Burns said...

well well!!! i feel like a step child. You did't tag me! actually i would not have had time to complete it anyway...cool post.i do remember some of those times. 10 years ago, i was planning MY WEDDING. man that feels like a lifetime ago!!!

RichFam said...

Misty, girl you know I love you! I just figured you had read Bronie's post and already had your chance to do a Meme. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to leave you out. I was trying to tag people who didn't know about the "Meme". :o)
Forgive me?